Cleveland Kitchen & Design (CK&D), originally named The Cleveland Tile & Cabinet Company—founded in 1933 by Carl Dryer. They were the original tenants of their space in the Terminal Tower Arcade, initially installing metal cabinets and metal tile in their kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. As time progressed, other types of cabinetry and materials were introduced into their offerings. Cleveland Tile and Cabinet also became one of General Electric’s first major appliance dealers. By the early 50's, they became known as the premier kitchen and bath remodeling company in the greater Cleveland area.
At that time, George Shiekh, Sr. came on board as a salesman for the company. He worked as a salesman until 1964,when he purchased the company from Carl Dryer. There were many icons of the kitchen and bath business who also worked at Cleveland Tile and Cabinet, such as Richard Click, designer for over 40 years, and Don Wallace, designer/artist for over 40 years. George Shiekh brought his son, George Shiekh, Jr. into the business in 1977. He was taught all aspects of the business and is now the present owner.
In 1987 the company moved from its original location of 54 years to its present location of 19560 Center Ridge Rd., Rocky River, Ohio. The company still services Cuyahoga County and its surrounding counties. George Shiekh Sr. retired in 1992. Cleveland Tile and Cabinet has maintained its high standards and is still known to be the most respected kitchen and bath remodeling company in Northeast Ohio.